12.28.2007

Coming in February...

I recently bought a skein of Noro Cashmere Island completely on a whim 2 weeks ago at work. Since then I discovered an awesome free pattern on Ravelry called Short Row Hat. It was a perfect match for the Cashmere Island and would you believe it...a February class was born!




Here is a picture of my work in progress posing with the yarn I used.


If you don't want to work with Cashmere Island, I think any of these yarns would work great with this pattern.

Just check your gauge!


I enjoyed making this hat so much that I know it will make an interesting class. If you have already taken the entrelac class this hat would be perfect to wear with your scarf. It almost has the appearance of entrelac but there is no picking up stitches. It is worked entirely in short rows hence the name. It will be a bit challenging for the average knitter because you have to pay attention carefully. In the class you can expect to learn these techniques: Provisional cast on, k2tog, ssp, short rows, 3 needle bind off, working in the round on double pointed needles, and
I-cord.

I will post class dates and times when it gets closer to February.


No comments: