5.20.2008

The Rainbow Affair

As I have previously mentioned... I have been working HARD on the project samples for my design submission to Knitty.com. Let me tell you, it is not easy, and at times it is not fun. It is tedious to write patterns. I don't have much time left. The deadline is June 1st, so I really need to work diligently from now until then to get everything done. I really should be a disciplined, monogamous knitter right now.

Unfortunately, this yarn came into the shop.

It was love at first sight. I was drawn to it. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Ohhh....the bright, fun colors.

Before I knew it, it was on my needles and half a sock was knit.



It was so fun to work on, so easy, so cheerful. And so our love affair began...

My poor "design submission" project looked so blah and boring. Besides that it was being a pain in the neck. It kept calling out to me saying things like, "Listen, you made a commitment to me, you have to get me done!" But I didn't want to listen...

When I decided to go on a vacation to a theme park last weekend, we both knew who I was going to take with me....



I felt like I had the perfect set up here. I worked this sock in a plain stockinette stitch on magic loop. I feel like you dont need a stitch pattern with such crazy colors! The magic loop was a good idea because dpns weren't falling out everywhere all the time, and it was easy and quick to put away when I got on the rides.


I also used my handy sock bag that I easy slung over my arm, and held my yarn for me while I knit away.

I had never knit in line before, but it was great. It passed the time and I got a good amount done.

Besides spending time together in line, my rainbow sock and I had a wonderful day together.



Because rainbow sock was on magic loop I was able to put him on my arm tuck in the needles, and even take him on a very scary roller coaster with me.

Did you know that they won't let you knit on roller coasters?

He was a little scared, but had a great time!


We were both hungry by then, so I took rainbow sock out for a romantic dinner.


It was a fantastic day....

......until I got heat stroke, spent some time vomiting in a planter, then went to first aid.....
ahhh.....
Aren't theme parks grand?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the pics! Looks like you had a great time until the heat stroke!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! I love the bright stripes on that sock. Where do you find time to knit all of the projects that you do?! I wish I had the time.